Little and West Harle, Northumberland
Harle, Little and West, two townships in Kirkwhelping-ton parish, Northumberland, on the river Wansbeck, and on the Wansbeck Valley railway, 9½ miles E of Bellingham, and 3 and 5 miles respectively from Scots Gap railway station. There is a post office of the name of Harle under Newcastle; money order and telegraph office, Kirkwhelping-ton. Acreage, 710 and 653; population, 57 and 7. Little Harle Tower, an ancient border fortalice, with considerable additions made in 1861-62, is now the seat of the lord of the manor and chief landowner.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: