Linsheeles or Linshields, Northumberland
Linsheeles or Linshields, a township in Holystone parish, Northumberland, on the S side of the Coquet river, 1miles W by N of Rothburv. Post town and telegraph office, Rothbury; money order office, Harbottle. Acreage, 14,792 of land and 35 of water; population, 80.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Rothbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Linsheeles or Linshields from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: