Lemmington, a hamlet and a township in Ediingham parish, Northumberland. The hamlet lies 5 miles WSW of Alnwick, and bears the name of Lemmington Mills. The township contains also the hamlet of Battlebridge, and comprises 2042 acres; population, 57. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Alnwick. The manor belonged to the Fenwicks, and passed to the Pawsons.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Alnwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lemmington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Lemmington)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: