Kilham, a township and a village in Kirk Newton parish, Northumberland, 7½ miles NW by W of Wooler, and 2 from Mindrum station on the N.E.R. The township includes the hamlet of Thornington. Post town, Cornhill; money order and telegraph office, Yetholm. Acreage, 2870; population, 143. The manor belongs to the Earl of Tankerville. The KUham Hills are an offshoot of the Cheviots.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirk Newton|
|Poor Law union||Glendale|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilham from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Kilham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: