UK Genealogy Archives logo

Highlaws, Northumberland

Historical Description

Highlaws, a township in Hartburn parish, Northumberland, on the river Wansbeck, 8 miles W of Morpeth, and 1 mile from Angerton station on the North British railway. Post town and money order office, Hartburn; telegraph office, Cambo. Acreage, 312; population, 6.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishHartburn 
Poor Law unionMorpeth 
WardMorpeth 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Highlaws from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Highlaws are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: