High and Low Buston, Northumberland
Buston, High and Low, two townships in Warkworth parish, Northumberland, on the N.E.R., between the Alne and the Coquet rivers, 4½ and 5½ miles SE of Alnwick. Area of Buston High, 721 acres; population, 81; of Buston Low, 899 acres; population, 96.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for High and Low Buston from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Buston, Low)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of High and Low Buston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: