Heugh, a hamlet and a township in Stamfordham parish, Northumberland, 1½ mile NE of Stamfordham. Post town, Newcastle; money order and telegraph office, Stamfordham. Acreage of township, 2288; population, 307. The manor belongs to the Swinburne family.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Castle ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Heugh from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Heugh)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: