Healey, a township and district chapelry in Bywell St Peter parish, Northumberland, 4 miles S of Riding Mill station on the N.E.R., and 7 SE of Hexham. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Riding Mill (R.S.O.) Acreage, 2389; population of township, 96; of the ecclesiastical district, 290. A small church, in the Norman style, was built in 1860. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Newcastle-on-Tyne; gross value,, £250 with residence.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Bywell St Peter|
|Poor Law union||Hexham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Healey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Heally)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: