Hartington and Hartington Hall, Northumberland
Hartington and Hartington Hall, two townships in Hartburn parish, Northumberland, 2 miles N of Cambo, and 4 from Scots Gap station on the North British railway. Acreage, 2011 and 995; population, 39 and 24 respectively. Post, money order, and telegraph office, Cambo. Sir G. 0. Trevelyan is lord of the manor and sole landowner.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Rothbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hartington and Hartington Hall from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hartington-Hall)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: