Hartburn Grange, Northumberland
Hartburn Grange, a township in Hartburn parish, Northumberland, 2 miles W of Hartburn, and 2 from Angerton station on the North British railway. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Hartburn. Acreage, 1207; population, 58.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Morpeth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hartburn Grange from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hartburn-Grange)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Hartburn Grange are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: