Harlow Hill, Northumberland
Harlow Hill, a township in Ovingham parish, Northumberland, on the Roman wall, 10 miles ENE of Hexham, and 3 from Prudhoe station on the N.E.R. It has a post office under Stocksfield; money order office, Horsley; telegraph office, Stamfordham. Acreage, 1023; population, 82. Foundations of the Roman wall still exist here, and the north fosse remains very distinct The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor and sole landowner.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Castle ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Harlow Hill from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Harlow Hill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: