Harehope or Hareup, Northumberland
Harehope or Hareup, a township in Eglingham parish, Northumberland, 7 miles NW of Alnwick town and station. Acreage, 520; population, 46. Hareup House is a large mansion in the Tudor style, built in 1848.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Alnwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Harehope or Hareup from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hareup, or Harehope)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: