Fenrother, a township in Hebburn parish, Northumberland, 4¼ miles NNW of Morpeth. Post town, Morpeth. Acreage, 1269; population, 40. The Duke of Portland is-lord of the manor and principal landowner. Fens, The Great. See BEDFORD LEVEL. Fen Stanton, a village and a parish in Huntingdonshire— The village stands near the river Ouse, on the border of Cambridgeshire, 2 miles S of St Ives, which is the nearest railway station, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office-under Sfc Ives. Acreage, 2584; population, 975. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; net value, £168 with residence. The church is a building of stone in the Early English, Decorated, and Perpendicular styles. There are-Congregational and Calvinistic Baptist chapels. A town estate of 94 acres produces about £88, which is devoted to-the poor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Morpeth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Fenrother from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Fenrother)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Fenrother are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: