UK Genealogy Archives logo

Fenham (Newcastle St Andrew), Northumberland

Historical Description

Fenham, a township in Newcastle St Andrew parish, Northumberland, 1½ mile NW of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. It has a post and money order office of the name of Fenham Road (T.S.O.) under Newcastle; telegraph office, Newcastle. It includes'the hamlets of Corogate. Acreage, 450; population, 163. The manor belonged to the Knights-Templars, was transferred to the Knights-Hospitallers, and passed to the Crown and to the Eiddells.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Poor Law unionNewcastle 
WardCastle 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Fenham (Newcastle St Andrew) from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Fenham (Newcastle St Andrew) are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: