Woolstanwood, a township in Nantwich parish, Cheshire, 3 miles NE of Nantwich. Acreage, 612; population, 107. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Nantwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Woolstanwood from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Woolstanwood)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Woolstanwood are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.