Falloden, a township in Embleton parish, Northumberland, with a station on the N.E.E., 8¼ miles NNE of Alnwick. Post town, Chathill. Acreage, 1061; population, 76. Falloden Hall belonged formerly to the Woods, and belongs now to Sir Edward Grey, Bart. An ikx tree here has a girth of 11 feet in the stem.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Alnwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Falloden from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Fallowdon)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: