Ewart, a township in Doddington parish, Northumberland, between the rivers Till and Glen, 4 miles NNW of Wooler, and 1 mile from Kirknewton station on the N.E.R. Acreage, 1480 of land and 23 of water; population, 75. Ewart Park is the seat of Sir Horace St Paul, Bart., who is lord of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ewart from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ewart)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: