UK Genealogy Archives logo

East and West Whorlton, Northumberland

Historical Description

Whorlton, East and West, a township in Newburn parish, Northumberland, 5 miles NW by N of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Newcastle. Acreage, 845; population, 122. The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor. There is a chapel of ease.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: