East and West Sleekburn, Northumberland
Sleekburn, East and West, two populous villages in Bedlington parish, Northumberland, on a brook called the Sleek, 3 miles from Blyth, and 1½ mile from Bedlington station on the N.E.K. There is a post office, of the name of Sleekburn Colliery, under Bedlington (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Bedlington (R.S.O.) At West Sleekburn is an extensive colliery, and the inhabitants of both villages are chiefly miners. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels. The villages are in the ecclesiastical parish of Cambois, and the parish church is in West Sleekburn.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: