UK Genealogy Archives logo

Ditchburn, East and West, Northumberland

Historical Description

Ditchburn, East and West, a township in Eglingham parish, Northumberland, 5½ miles NW of Alnwick, and 3 from Christen Bank railway station. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Alnwick. Acreage, 1664; population, 34.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishEllingham 
Poor Law unionAlnwick 
WardCoquetdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Ditchburn, East and West from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: