Coupland or Copeland, Northumberland
Coupland or Copeland, a township in Kirk-Newton parish, Northumberland, on the river Glen, 4½ miles NW of Wooler. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Wooler. Acreage, 1542; population, 94. There is an ancient castle here, the seat of the Culley family, who are lords of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirk Newton|
|Poor Law union||Glendale|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Coupland or Copeland from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Coupland)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: