Chevington, a parish in Northumberland, comprising the four townships of East and West Chevington, Hadstone, and Bullock's Hall. It has a station on the N.E.R. Post town, Acklington. Acreage, 5430; population, 2800. There Is a colliery (Broomhill) in this parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Newcastle; net value, £222. Patron, the Bishop of Newcastle.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: