Charlton East Quarter, Northumberland
Charlton-East-Quarter, formerly a separate township, but amalgamated in 1886 with Bellingham parish, Northumberland, on the North Tyne river and the Border Counties railway, 2 miles NW of Bellingham. See BELLINGHAM.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bellingham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Charlton East Quarter from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Charlton, East-Quarter)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: