Budle, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland, on the S side of W Warren Bay, near the N.E.R., 8 miles E by N of Belford, which is the post, money order, and telegraph office. Acreage, 760; population, 59. Cockles are plentiful near it, and rocks of different kinds alternate rapidly on its coast. A Roman road went from it to Alnwick. Budle House belonged to the Forsters, and passed to the Smiths.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Belford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Budle from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Budle are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: