Boulmer and Seaton House, Northumberland
Boulmer and Seaton-House, part of the township and parish of Long Houghton, Northumberland, on the coast, 5½ miles E of AInwick. The coast is diversified with Boulmer Point and Boulmer Bay, and the inhabitants are chiefly fishermen. There is a mission chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Long Houghton|
|Poor Law union||Alnwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Boulmer and Seaton House from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Boulmer, with Seaton-House)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: