UK Genealogy Archives logo

Blagdon, Northumberland

Historical Description

Blagdon, a hamlet in Stannington parish, Northumberland, near the river Blyth and the N.E.R., 7 miles S of Morpeth, 1½ mile from Plessey railway station. Post town, money order and telegraph office, Cramlington (R.S.O.) It was held in the time of Henry III. by John de Plessis; passed in 1567 to the Fenwicks, and afterwards to the Whites, and now contains Blagdon Hall, the seat of the Ridley family.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishStannington 
Poor Law unionCastle ward 
WardCastle 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Blagdon from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: