UK Genealogy Archives logo

Black Heddon, Northumberland

Historical Description

Black Heddon, a township in Stamfordham parish, Northumberland, 6 miles from Angerton railway station, on an affluent of the river Blyth, 11 miles SW of Morpeth. Post town, Newcastle. Acreage, 1668; population, 56.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishStamfordham 
Poor Law unionCastle ward 
WardTindale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Black Heddon from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Black Heddon are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online:

CountyNorthumberland
RegionNorth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtNE20
Post TownNewcastle Upon Tyne