Willaston (Hooton), Cheshire
Willaston, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Cheshire. The township lies 1½ mile WSW of Hooton, and 3 miles E of Neston, and has a station, called Hadlow Road, on the Birkenhead railway, and a post office under Chester; telegraph office, Neston. Acreage, 1010; population, 2070. There is a parish council consisting of eight members; also a literary institute, with reading-room and library. Lydiate House is the chief residence. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1865. Population, 685. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester; net value, £204 with residence. The church was built in 1854. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Wirrall|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Willaston (Hooton) from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.