Beadnell, a village, a township, and a parish in Northumberland. The village stands on the coast, 4 miles ENE of Chathill railway station, and 5½ SE of Bambrough, and has a post office under Chathill, and a small harbour. Acreage, 793; population of the civil parish, 312; of the ecclesiastical, 526. The parish also includes the townships of Swin-hoe and Tughall. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Newcastle; net value, £145 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Bambrough. The church is a handsome Gothic edifice.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Belford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Beadnell from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Beadnell)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Beadnell are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: