Bassington, a township in Eglingham parish, Northumberland, on the river Aine, 3 miles NW of Alnwick station on the N.E.R, Alnwick is the post town. Acreage, 237; population, 8.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Alnwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bassington from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Bassington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: