Acton and Old Felton, Northumberland
Acton and Old Felton form a township in Felton parish, Northumberland, near the river Coquet, 2 miles from Felton, 2½ from Acklington railway station, and 7½ S of Alnwick. Acreage, 1528; population, 87. Acklington is the post town; money order and telegraph office, Felton. Acton House commands extensive views.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Alnwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Acton and Old Felton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Acton, with Old Felton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: