Weston (Crewe), Cheshire
Weston or Weston-by-Crewe, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 2 miles SE of Crewe. Post town, Crewe. Acreage, 1944; population, 485. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1840, and includes also the townships of Basford and Chorlton; population, 624. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester; net value, £46 with residence. The church was built in 1838. There are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Nantwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Weston (Crewe) from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Weston (Crewe) are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.