Tytherington, a township in Prestbury parish, Cheshire 1 mile from Macclesfield. Acreage, 938; population, 376. Tytherington House is the chief residence.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Macclesfield|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tytherington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Tytherington)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Tytherington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.