West Blatchington or Bletchington, Sussex
Blatchington or Bletchington, West, a parish in Sussex, near the South Coast railway, 2½ miles NW of Brighton, which is the post, money order, and telegraph office. Acru-age, 873; population, 95. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Brighton, in the diocese of Chichester. The Church of St Peter lay in ruins for more than a century, but has recently been beautifully restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||West Blatchington St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Steyning|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for West Blatchington or Bletchington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Blatchington, West (St. Peter))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: