Tarring Nevile or East Tarring, Sussex
Tarring Nevile or East Tarring, a parish in Sussex, If mile N of Newhaven station on the L.B. & S.C.R. Post town, Newhaven under Lewes. Acreage, 933; population, 87. The living is a rectory annexed to South Heighten. The church was restored in 1893. See HEIGHTON.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Tarring-Neville St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Newhaven|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tarring Nevile or East Tarring from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Tarring-Neville (St. Mary))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: