Tabley Superior, Cheshire
Tabley, Over or Superior, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Rostherne parish, Cheshire. The township lies 1 mile WNW of Knutsford. Post town, Knutsford. Acreage, 2671; population, 461. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. Tabley Hall is now a farmhouse. The ecclesiastical parish includes also part of Mere township, and was constituted in 1855. Population, 681. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester; gross value, £254 with residence. The church was built in 1855, and rebuilt after destruction by fire in 1856.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Altrincham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tabley Superior from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Tabley Superior)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.