Sullington, a parish in Sussex, 5½ miles E of Pulborough station, and 6 WNW of Steyning station on the L.B. & S.C.R. Post town, Pulborough; money order and telegraph office, Storrington. Acreage, 2218; population of the civil parish, 212; of the ecclesiastical, 320. Sandgate Park is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester; net value, £245 with residence. The church is Early English.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Sullington St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Thakeham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Sullington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Sullington (St. Mary))
Online maps of Sullington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: