Preston, a parish in Sussex, with a station, called Preston Park, on the L.B. & S.C.R. 49 miles from London. The parish is now included within the borough, and forms part of the town of Brighton.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Preston St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Steyning|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Preston from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Preston (St. Peter))
Online maps of Preston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: