Kingston by Lewes, Sussex
Kingston-by-Lewes, a parish in Sussex, 1½ mile SW of Lewes station on the L.B. & S.C.R. Post town, Lewes. Acreage, 1675; population of civil parish, 117; of the ecclesiastical, 120. The living is a vicarage, held con jointly with the vicarage of Iford, in the diocese of Chichester; gross joint value, £317 with residence. The church has a tower with shingled spire, and contains a brass of 1667; the building was restored in 1874.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Newhaven|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kingston by Lewes from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Kingston-Near-Lewes)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: