Stretton (Tilston), Cheshire
Stretton, a township in Tilston parish, Cheshire, 2 miles SW of Broxton station on the L. & N.W.R., and 4½ NW of Malpas. Acreage, 938; population, 92.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Great Boughton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stretton (Tilston) from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Stretton (Tilston) are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.