East Dean (Chichester), Sussex
Dean, East, a parish in Sussex, under the Downs, 2¼ miles from Singleton station on the L.B. & S.C.R., and 5½ NE of Chichester. Post town, Singleton under Chichester; money order and telegraph office, Singleton. Acreage, 4654; population, 303. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chichester; value, £120. The church is ancient and cruciform, with central tower, and was restored in 1870. There is a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Hundred||Westbourn and Singleton|
|Poor Law union||West Hampnett|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for East Dean (Chichester) from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: