Burton or Bodexton, Sussex
Burton or Bodexton, a parish in Sussex, on the river Rother and the Arundel Canal, 1 mile from Petworth station on the L.B. & S.C.R. Post town, Petworth, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 810; population of the civil parish, 57; of the ecclesiastical, 141. Burton Park is the seat of the Biddulphs. The living is a rectory, united with the perpetual curacy of Coates, in the diocese of Chichester; net value, £120.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Sutton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Burton or Bodexton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Burton or Bodekton)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: