Barnham, a parish in Sussex, on the L.B. & S.C.R., 63 miles from London, 4½ SW of Arundel, and 1½ mile W of Yapton. Bognor is the post town; money order office, Yapton; telegraph office, Barnham station. Acreage, 841; population, 230. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Cliichester; gross value, £80. Patron, the Bishop of Clii-chester. The church is very good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Barnham St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||West Hampnett|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Barnham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Barnham (St. Mary))
Online maps of Barnham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Sussex newspapers online: