Thrimby, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Moriand parish, Westmorland, 3 miles from Clifton station on the L. & N.W.R. Post town, Penrith; money order and telegraph office, Hackthorpe. Acreage, 1574; population, 62. The manor belonged to the Thimebys, and passed through the Haveringtons and others to the Lowthers. The ecclesiastical parish also comprises the townships of Great and Little Strickland, and was constituted in 1870. Population, 415. The living is a vicarage, with Great and Little Strickland annexed, in the diocese of Carlisle; gross value, £300. Patron, the Vicar of Moriand. The church was rebuilt in 1814, and consists of nave and belfry.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.