New Hutton, Westmorland
Hutton, New, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Kendal parish, Westmorland. The township lies on the river St Sunday, 3 miles ENE of Oxenhoime railway station, and 4 E of Kendal. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Kendal. Acreage, 2533, of which 30 are water; population, 95. Hutton Common contains the reservoir of the Lancaster and Kendal Canal. The ecclesiastical parish includes part of the township of Hay, and Hutton-in-the-Hay. Population, 324. The manor belongs to the Earl of Lonsdale. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle; gross value, £119 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of KendaL The church is modern.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for New Hutton from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.