Killington, a township-chapelry in Kirkby Lonsdale parish, Westmorland, on the river Lune, and 1 mile from Middleton station on the L. & N.W.R. Post town, Kirkby Lonsdale. Acreage, 4938; population, 228. Much of the land is moor and mountain. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Carlisle; gross value, £140 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Kirkby Lonsdale. The church is ancient.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirkby Lonsdale|
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Killington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Killington)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.