Crosthwaite and Lyth, Westmorland
Crosthwaite and Lyth, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Heversham parish, Westmorland, on an affluent of the river Kent, under Whitbarrow Fell, 6 miles W by S of Kendal railway station, with a post office, of the name of Crosthwaite, under Kendal; money order office, Underbarrow. Acreage of township, 8028; population, 731; of ecclesiastical parish, 717. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle; net value, £190 with residence. There is a handsome new church with tower and six bells.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kendal|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Crosthwaite and Lyth from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Crosthwaite)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.