UK Genealogy Archives logo

Crosscrake, Westmorland

Historical Description

Crosscrake, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Heversham parish, Westmorland, adjacent to the Kendal Canal, the river Ken, and the Lancaster and Carlisle railway, 1¼ mile SSW of Oxenholrne railway station, and 3½ miles S of Kendal. Post town, Stainton, under Milnthorpe; population, 746. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle; gross value, £274 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Heversham.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmorland is available to browse.