Titsey, a parish in Surrey, 2 miles from Oxted station on the L.B. & S.C.R. and the S.E.R. Post town, Godstone, money order and telegraph office, Limpsfield. Acreage, 1989; population, 225. Titsey Place is the seat of the Leveson-Gower family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; net value, £165 with residence. The church was rebuilt in 1861. The Pilgrims' Way, formerly a Roman road, runs through the parish.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Godstone|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Titsey from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Titsey are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.