Cuddington, a parish in Surrey, 1 mile NNE of Ewell station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Worcester Park. Acreage, 1860; population, 516. Nonsuch Palace, noticed in our article Cheam, was here. The parish ranks ecclesiastically as part of Ewell, and is an incumbency in the diocese of Winchester; value, £200. The church was erected in 1894.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Cuddington St. Mary|
|Hundred||Copthorne and Effingham|
|Poor Law union||Epsom|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Cuddington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Cuddington (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.